We learn something useful everyday and think we gained some knowledge. I came across some interesting facts, which may not be useful but are fun to know. Here are some unnecessary but fascinating facts collected from internet which are cool to read at leisure.
- “Bookkeeper” is the only word in the English language that has 3 letters that consecutively repeat.
- Turtles can actually breathe through their butts
- A giraffe can run faster than a horse, and can live without water longer than a camel.
- Polar bears are left-handed.
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.
- The brain continues sending electrical wave signals for 37 hours after death.
- The loudest creature on the planet is the blue whale. Its record is 188 decibels!
- Honey is the only food that does not spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.
"Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness. "