Sunday, July 1, 2012

July flower

courtesy:www.flowerinfo.org
July flower - Larkspur
Meaning- an open heart and ardent attachment
Significance-a feeling of lightness and levity
Scientific name-Delhphinium means "like a dolphin"
Other names-lark's heel, larks claw, knight's spur
Derived from-spur of the flower
Representation:
  • Pink larkspur flowers - fickleness.
  • White blossoms - a happy-go-lucky nature.
  • Purple - first love and a sweet disposition
white water lily, july flowers birth month flower july 
The alternative flower for July - Water Lily.
Symbolize - all that is good, true and beautiful.
Significance - good fortune, truth of action and Intention, purity of heart, and enlightenment
Symbolic ties to - Hinduism and Buddhism
National flower - Bangladesh, Sri Lanka (blue)
State flower - Andhra Pradesh, India 


"There has fallen a splendid tear
From the passion-flower at the gate.
She is coming, my dove, my dear;
She is coming, my life, my fate;
The red rose cries, 'She is near, she is near;'
And the white rose weeps, 'She is late;'
The larkspur listens, 'I hear, I hear;'
And the lily whispers, \'I wait."
-"Come into the Garden, Maud" by Alfred Tennyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post.