Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Parents Day!

'Matha-pithru samo devo
Naasthi naasthi jaga-thrayee
Thayo-hu sevaa nadhika-punya vratham
Naasthi srunu priyee'
-Shiva Datta for Pandurangadu movie

Family is the starting point of life. A family begins with the joining together of man and woman as husband and wife, becoming father and mother-the parents. In 1994 President Bill Clinton signed into law the resolution unanimously adopted by the U. S. Congress establishing the fourth Sunday of every July as Parents' Day. This year it happens to be on July 24.  Parents’ Day is established for recognizing, uplifting, and supporting the role of parents together in the rearing of children. The role of parents is crucial in the nurturing and development of children. They inculcate fundamental values to help shape your character to be a good citizen. As I feel, from mother comes care and comfort, from father honor and legacy. When a child is taught to respect his parents, it is the beginning of a greater perspective on the world. By giving respect to his parents, a child begins to see that there are others worthy of consideration. Such thinking about others eventually leads a person to be respectful to others as him.
The moment I was born till I grew up and got me married, mom and dad, you were always there in every step of my life. You have put up with me for so many years and always managed me to uplift and bring smile on my face. I don’t know how you both do it but I am so grateful that you do and I am born lucky to have you as my parents. Thank you for being the best parents a daughter would ask for. I cannot limit myself to a day, Parents Day, to convey my heart felt thanks and show gratitude for all the love, care, affection, and support you shower upon me. 

"Good parents give their children Roots and Wings. Roots to know where home is, wings to fly away and exercise what's been taught them." -Jonas Salk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post.